Oskar Larsson: Sketch #3 WIP

Thanks! I’m glad you like it. :relieved:

Really beautiful, I love it! :smiley:
Can’t wait to see it done. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Update
Screen capture - e24224a37cf077f198168910615c41cc - Gyazo

2 Likes

Looks great, nice work! I love the stylized look!

Looking solid man! Also, if you just copy and paste the .gif link it will automatically embed for easier viewing :slight_smile:

Thanks guys! Ah ok I thought it was strange that it didn’t embed. I’l get some proper videocapture for next time aswell! :stuck_out_tongue:

Update

9 Likes

That’s really good in stylized form.

Nice style! When you increase the intensity I’d say you probably want some overshoot (where the first burst of fire is bigger/travels further and is brighter than the main state).

Thanks for the feedback, i’l try that out! :smiley:

Update! Tried to burst the fire more as suggested by Doggett. :smile:
Also added some smoke at the start.

8 Likes

I would suggest to make it little big and wider to give it a wild look, Also it would be more cool I think to have a brust at once, currently it takes a start first with few flames and then burst. Just to give it a more realistic view. Good work though :+1:

Verrry nice :slight_smile:

I guess if I were to justify my direction, it would be like the gas has ignited - and you’ve done that great!

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback! I wanted the fire to have some anticipation which is why it takes some time before it starts.

1 Like

love it so far

for visualizing, maybe a checker floor so we can see the smoke blending

i’d just suggest you work on the ending; that fire cone simply shrinks in. Hiding with an outward flow would strengthen sequencing.

1 Like

I will call this done now! Worked on ending a bit. :slight_smile: Video on youtube seems to play faster then it should so i included a gif.
Thanks all for watching, and for all the feedback!

11 Likes

OOoooo I really like those rounded bursts, nice work man :slight_smile:

1 Like

That’s really sweet, how did you do it? Meshes?

1 Like

Hey! Yeah mostly meshes. Flat cones rotated and scaled differently with uv scrolling materials. Used some stretched billboards aswell to break it up. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Your stuff is gucci man. Keep it up! less is more and you’re killing it.

1 Like