Official VFX Sketch #56 : Status Effect : Frozen

Banner art : Greg Tapper

Status Effect : Frozen

Prompt:
Make a status effect for the status frozen.

Timeline:
December 8th → January 31th 11:59 PST

Submitting: Create a new topic in the " Events > 56: Status Effect : Frozen " category with your name and sketch number in the title (Like this: “Don Tstop Menow: Sketch #56” ), and post your updates to your topic during the month!

When you are finished, Edit your first post so it holds the final effect in the form of Youtube/Vimeo Video or High-Quality GIFs.

Please make sure to read this post with detailed rules if you are new to the sketches :

:sparkles: :gem: Sketch Hall of Fame (People who have Sketch Diamond - x3 wins!) :gem: :sparkles::

@Lush
@Spyro
@Torbach

:arrow_down: If you have any questions, tips or tricks, reply down below! :arrow_down:

Post on socials with #VFXSketch

Good luck, have fun!
:fire:

6 Likes

I don’t understand. Should it be just an effect on the character or an effect that freezes the character + character freezing?

Yeah, either one would work.
You’re free to interpret it however you like.

We’ll extend this sketch until the end of January to give artists who might have been busy around the Christmas period a chance to join in as well.

4 Likes

This seems really cool! I’m relatively new into VFX and I’ve only just discovered this forum but the events seem like a great way of getting to practice on some small scale projects and actually get to finish them, I can’t post my progress atm due to new account restrictions but hopefully I can post with some breakdown come the end of the month! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Welcome to the site! Can’t wait to see some effects from you :smiley:

2 Likes

Welcome, happy to have you here! Looking forward to seeing your work when you’re able to post it. Feel free to reach out with any questions too :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you! Will do :slight_smile: