(Banner background Image from bhphotovideo)
Create an attack spell using only photographs as textures.
- Create a new project and add two spheres a few meter appart.
- Add only materials which use textures multiplied straight with particle colour, no fancy shader trickery allowed, alpha channel of the texture can only go to material alpha.
- Go out there, or create something inside and take pictures.
- Import those pictures in the engine, or alternatively import into photoshop and attach an alpha channel then import into the engine. (Alpha channel can be generated)
- Make an effect that communicates damage being done by one sphere, to the other.
Scoring and Winning:
We will have some of our very own vfx wizards to judge your work.
These judges will select a favorite and runner up.
Judging criteria includes:
- You showed WIP throughout the month
- Your work is technically and artistically well-executed.
- Followed challenge rules.
Submitting: Create a new topic in the " Events > 33 - Photorealistic " category with your name and sketch number in the title (Like this: “Shin-ki Sha: Sketch #33” ), and post your updates to your topic during the month!
When you are finished, Edit your first post so it holds the final effect in the form of Youtube/Vimeo Video or High-Quality GIFs.
- Always cite your sources! Is your work based on someone else’s? Let us know! Always show your references.
- All entries must be made during the running period shown below.
- Do feel free to use any tool, system or workflow that pre-existed. Although we encourage experimentation.
- Using a simple environment for presentation is allowed, but should remain simple and serve only as background.
Mar 4th -> Mar 30th 11:59 PST
Favorite : Will recieve a golden badge and avatar icon.
Runner up : Will recieve a silver badge and avatar icon.
All Participants : Will recieve a participations badge.
People who have Sketch Diamond (x3 wins!):
If you have any questions, ask them down below!
Good luck, have fun!
EDIT: I am aware the sketch is a bit wacky this time, so if you have any questions, feel free to ask below