Official VFX Sketch #10: Campfire

After a small hiatus with larger lurking competitions we are finally back! And what better way to start things back up than with a spark! Since we may have a few new members here, simply explained, our “sketches” are our official “VFX Jam”, where we encourage anyone who wants to participate to try something that they maybe have never done, or just have some fun and create some cool looking VFX, complete to the end or not! For a bit more context check below or ask any of your burning questions right here in this topic! Without further ado! Here’s the pitch:

The Challenge: (create an effect based on the following): “Campfire”

Submitting: Create a new topic in the “Events > 10 - Campfire” category with your name in the title and the sketch number (e.g.: “Susie Stevens: Sketch #10 WIP”, and post your work! This includes any work in progress you may want to show as well as your final result. Final entries should be posted through either Vimeo, Youtube, or as a high quality GIF.

Please be sure to cite your sources if you are using another artists work as a base, or even taking inspiration! Remember, this is a learning platform, and is meant to be used as personal work that pushes you technically and/or artistically!

Timeline: One month (March 1st - March 31st 11:59 pm PST)

Scoring and Winners: Sketch badges will be awarded to all participants. Points will be earned based on the amount of likes/buzz your topic receives (hint: show your work in progress ;))

1st Place (most likes and buzz): 1st place VFX Sketch badge and avatar badge
2nd Place (second most likes and buzz): 2nd place VFX Sketch badge and avatar badge
All Participants (put forth a visible worthy effort): participation badge

"Voting": To vote for your favorite entries, all you have to do is drop some love by clicking the like button on any of the owners posts within their topic during the course of the month. This is not the only factor in determining the winners but it is heavily influential in the final results. Winners will be selected by the 3rd of the following month.

As always, if you have any question feel free to ask below!

Good luck and have fun! :fire:

23 Likes

Yayy !! Lets do it :smiley:

we are back! Lets do it ! :slight_smile:

I was waiting for this, I’m in!

I’m in too :slight_smile:

This may be the first challenge I have time for! Here’s my WIP thread!

Woohoo! Welcome back to the sketches! Count me in!

This sounds like fun! :smiley:

Finally, a new challenge! Count me in :horse_racing::dash:

I took some reference from my nightly fire.

Weeeee slow motion fire.

4 Likes