Niels' Sketchbook

They are not default, I’m developing them myself because I got so anoyed at having to switch back and forth between unreal and maya. :smiley:

Yeah, unity doesn’t have it either, They don’t even have splines supported by default although plugins for it seem quite cheap.

1 Like

Damn I’m in love with that effect!

1 Like

“Not super fancy”? :smiley: This is very cool!

1 Like

Great job. That’s Beautiful.

I’m just so mesmerized by those smooth ribbon like motions.
It’s amazing.

1 Like

Started making some teleportation effects for the marketplace, this one looks kinda neat :smiley:

36 Likes

I swear, It looks better if you acctualy see all the frames, haha :smiley:

17 Likes

48 Likes

Sweet, Looks like Harry Potter’s Apparate

3 Likes

Woah, cool :sunglasses: I like how the effect left some leaves behind.

hehe nice! try twisting/twirling actual characters geometry, or maybe try making refraction effect that it in the middle a bit larger? and maybe a bit more leaves after the teleport? looks great so far and those splines/trails looks amazing…

Hey all,
I’m working on some status effects.

13 Likes

Just playing around with some ideas for less conventional status effects.

7 Likes

Happy new year everyone!
Onto a year full of spectacular effects!

9 Likes

A wip shot of something i’m working on.

13 Likes

Just a little bit of an update

6 Likes

cool. nicely whipping trails there. ends a bit abrupt, but i guess at that time there will be fiercly glowing arrowhead already in place to cover that. Or is it just the gif cut off early? …anyway, sweet stuff!

The gif is cut off early, I’m trying to keep bytecount low so I can get a bit more frames into the gif :smiley:

ah yeah okay, I guessed so after looking at the longer shot above ^^. Which brings me to another annotation, would be cool to see the projectile forming and growing with the absorbed trails before the shot, to keep the energy condensing in one spot until the owl bursts out :slight_smile:

It’s not an owl, I’m just shit at moddeling :smiley:
Excelent callout about the energy condensing, I will definitely try something like that :smiley: