Niagara collision question

hey guys i want the collision particles to only work in the background in the game, excluding the character

So I tried changing several options of collision in Niagara,

I couldn’t find any other solution. How can I solve it?

Depends on the type of Emitter & Collision you want to use.

• CPU emitter will be raycast collision (expensive). You can specify which objects to collide with in the Trace Channel. Just select ‘WorldStatic’ and not ‘WorldDynamic’ and it should not collide with your character.

• GPU emitters have other (cheaper) collision options. So a better method would be to use Distance Field Collision (Distance Fields need to be enabled in the project settings).
    As only StaticMeshes have Distance Fields and SkeletalMeshes don’t, your particles should only be colliding with your background objects and not with your character.

2 Likes

cool, it’s really work fine thx!

Strange… have the same problem…
however both suggestion don’t work on the player character

any other tips ?

distance field collision not workng Character
If you want character collision use GPU depth buffer

Hi,
i want the opposite, I don’t want a character collision…

Br Peter

Use gpu distance field collision its only collide static mesh

Is it possible that your character’s collision is not set as WorldDynamic and so is being taken as WorldStatic and colliding with the particles? Check the Collision settings in your character Actor, having a Collision preset like “BlockAll” instead of “BlockAllDynamic” could have something to do with it. I’m just taking a guess since I’ve never gone too into specifics regarding character collisions but could be worth a check.