• Lens Flares

• Fireworks

• Dust

• Debris

• Rainbow

9 Likes

S_02

I’ll keep the environment simple for this one, I promise! hahaha

That’s the material we’re allowed to use for this sketch! It won’t get any more complex than this.

With the base stuff already blocked-in, it’s time to go out there and take some awesome photos!

2 Likes

Pretty happy with the results! I feel like I could do a bunch of iterations more but I’m gonna leave it as is for now.

Here are some of the vids I took!

Unused Milk Splashes:

Sparks:

Flames:

The Sequencer is handling the animation:

I used the back of a DVD to get some cool rainbow textures!

Then, once in the engine, I used those to create rainbow lens flares. Same material but with Additive Blend:

Took some pictures of a glass ball I had around the house for no reason whatsoever:

I used those bubbles to create interesting shapes, sparks and such.

I made a fake fresnel effect using a hemisphere and a pic of a light bulb through a glass:

Then, I’m using Camera Position Facing Mode in the Mesh Renderer node:

Since both “characters” are just spheres the illusion works just fine hehehe

Had fun with this one too. I found myself looking for cool textures all over the place and I just laughed at that very fact. Stepping out of the confort zone as always.

6 Likes

Oh and by the way that cylindrical shape that looks like a panning texture over a mesh is just a flipbook of one of the flames that I recorded.

1 Like

Interesting approach! I like how you made the circular sprite with the cup, that’s a cool idea!

1 Like

Thanks! It was a bit dusty and that helped with the light sticking to the walls and not leaving the glass straight away hahahah

This is absolutely great, i love the workflow in this project and how this sketch has your personal brand.

1 Like

Thank you very much! Welcome to the forums! :gem:

OMG. As always you did a lot of work. Good result!

1 Like

I like your idea of recording milk splashes, even though you didn’t use them! I may have to try it!

1 Like

Love the idea of using real life photography to produce such textures and flipbooks. Never thought about it before and really want to give it a try now! Thanks and great job here (even if I’m a little late :wink:)

1 Like

Be sure to share the results here so I can take a look at those :new_moon_with_face:

I will make sure to share some of it when my schedule allows me to do so! :wink:
I’m not really confident with the resulting quality, simply because I don’t have access to such a high-quality camera you’re showing here but just a basic Lumix DMC-TZ55, and I’m pretty new to this kind of capture and with related camera parameters. :thinking:

1 Like

Oh don’t worry about the cam. Most of the pictures you see here were took with my phone! At the end of the day you just need interesting shapes and colors!

1 Like