• Sparks

• Lens Flares

• Fireworks

• Dust

• Debris

• Rainbow

6 Likes

I’ll keep the environment simple for this one, I promise! hahaha

That’s the material we’re allowed to use for this sketch! It won’t get any more complex than this.

With the base stuff already blocked-in, it’s time to go out there and take some awesome photos!

2 Likes

Pretty happy with the results! I feel like I could do a bunch of iterations more but I’m gonna leave it as is for now.

Here are some of the vids I took!

Unused Milk Splashes:

Sparks:

Flames:

The Sequencer is handling the animation:

I used the back of a DVD to get some cool rainbow textures!

Then, once in the engine, I used those to create rainbow lens flares. Same material but with Additive Blend:

Took some pictures of a glass ball I had around the house for no reason whatsoever:

I used those bubbles to create interesting shapes, sparks and such.

I made a fake fresnel effect using a hemisphere and a pic of a light bulb through a glass:

Then, I’m using Camera Position Facing Mode in the Mesh Renderer node:

Since both “characters” are just spheres the illusion works just fine hehehe

Had fun with this one too. I found myself looking for cool textures all over the place and I just laughed at that very fact. Stepping out of the confort zone as always.

1 Like

Oh and by the way that cylindrical shape that looks like a panning texture over a mesh is just a flipbook of one of the flames that I recorded.

1 Like

Interesting approach! I like how you made the circular sprite with the cup, that’s a cool idea!

1 Like

Thanks! It was a bit dusty and that helped with the light sticking to the walls and not leaving the glass straight away hahahah