Juane Gray - Higgins: Sketch #33

Latest: I finally got around to ending the torment and bane of completing this. Enjoy!

Original post: Hello, I have about 10 days free for this month, so I thought I’d participate in this months challenge.

My idea is to make a card spell like Yu Gi Oh in the style of Tem Tem with photos of course.

I will be using my Adventure time card game as cards and random materials from around my grandmas house.

Here is my latest Update:
ThumbNail:

HD:

References:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eeKOdNVMwl0

Blender bones to curve thread: animation - Line of Bones to Travel and Conform to Curve (Train or snake following path) - Blender Stack Exchange

10 Likes

Here are some of the pictures I have taken of various fabrics which I plan to cut out spooky ghost/creatures as alpha masks:

6 Likes

So I spent the afternoon figuring out why animations are all jacked up in Unreal, Still don’t really know why or what I have done but they work. I want to do some fancier mesh but for now they can look like weird spiky things. Also, I’m not sure if I can erode the environment or not?

Example

7 Likes

Effect Update (3) Needs a bit of timing updates, but the card Animation is complete and the dice is really nice I think. just needs the actual attack spell to have a bunch of ghosts and what not coming out of it

2 Likes

The Card animation is a set of bones that copy location of vertex groups assigned to vertices of a mesh that is following a curve modifier. Then they are set to stretch to the vertex group so I can have volume squash and stretch while also having additive rotation for full control!

Card_Example

CardVertexGroup_Example
Dice_2

4 Likes

Updated the animations, new liquid sim and added some ghost meshs and fixed the dither/fade out to comply with the contest rules :slight_smile:

11 Likes

I didn’t have much time to complete the effect in the initial 10 days I had originally planned since the virus spread across the world and messed up my plans, but I managed to scrounge a little bit this weekend, so here is the final :slight_smile: Enjoy:

4 Likes