Jonathan Hau-Yoon: Sketch #2 Wisp

I’ve got some immediate ideas for the Will-o’-the-Wisp, so I’m going to go with that. :slight_smile:

I generally feel that I don’t spend enough time on planning a look, and so I feel that my fx often feel disjointed and generic. I’d like to practise addressing that with this challenge, by trying to make each part designed to fit together to convey the ghostly-wispy nature, and whimsy or playfulness in personality.

Let’s go, team! :scream:

8 Likes

I was crunching a bit this weekend, so didn’t really start. :stuck_out_tongue: Trying to figure out the shape language. I imagine it to be bouncy and organic, so that even though it’s generally round, it’s constantly wobbling and changing form. I still don’t feel like I’ve got a consistent shape language going on, so I’m going to try again.

Feedback appreciated!

4 Likes

Okay, so I painted some other things up last night, but kept coming back to the cuteness of the previous concept, and decided to try it out. I especially liked that it had a face, so I may work some on that, with choosing between facial expressions and s/lerping between look rotations.

8 Likes

super cute looking, it has a very handpainted feel but also this 3D fluidness going. Looking forward to see more movement!

1 Like

Look like a jelly member berry lol :grin:
Loving your hand drawn style. :smiley:

2 Likes

Omg Morph! Treasure Planet! Cuuuute :blush:

1 Like

Thanks guys! :slight_smile:

Hrm. I want “more”, but I’m already starting to get elements in there that aren’t really helping. I’m a bit stuck. XD Trawl through more reference time maybe…

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/9847316/wisp_01.mp4

7 Likes

As @veer said, it definitely looks a lot like a member berry! Couldn’t love it more. :smiley:

2 Likes

Love the style so far. Great work!

1 Like