How to make my shader work with custom data

Hello, can someone please explain me how can me pal this simple shader with custom data? I wanna control tiling\offset and “multiplayer” properties but it doesnt work. Thank you

1 Like

First step in setting up the custom date in shuriken is enabling the part you have here.
This is there you can set what values will be sent to the shader for each particle.

Then you need to enable custom vertex streams in the renderer.
And add your custom vector 4 to the list of the data that will be sent to the shader.

After adding that shuriken will tell you where you can access the data in the shader.
In this example the values of Custom1 X and Y channel will be sent to the UV Z and W channels. TEXCOORD0 in shuriken = UV node in shader graph set to channel UV0.

“After adding that shuriken will tell you where you can access the data in the shader.”
Thanks for such a detailed answer, but this is the problem that I don’t understand what I need to do in the shader so that custom data starts working

I think this error might be caused by the fact that you have UVs as well as Custom1.wz writing to TEXCOORD0.xy at the same time. Try deleting all vertex streams and adding them again to look how you had it in your first post.

This is where you want to feed in your per-particle tiling and offset, driven by custom data, right?

You need to replace the parameter you have there with a UV node set to the channel that shuriken displays as where the custom data will be sent to.

2 Likes

Now i clearly understand this. Thank u very much!!!

1 Like