How do I animate this texture correctly? (Niagara)

I am making an effect that is a ring of blood on the ground, I want the texture to pulse like it’s a beating heart but when I setup my curve graph to do so it goes insane with speed I can’t figure out how to fix this my best guess is that it’s multiplying the value when I want to set it instead any ideas?

Desired max speed:

Actual max speed:

Curve graph:
535718552ca466e2d3aa410a340bb66f

Emitter:
3a9b3a11dc9cfeef6d39b029b6dedaed

Material:

First - it’s just move in single direction very simple , but it’s not the exact material as I think, right? What exactly do you controlling via dynamic parameters right there? There’s no dynamic matererial parameter. I guess you’re controlling both X and Y speed - but you can’t do it, you can’t change the speed real time or it will be just broken.

To achive your effect use time instead of speed, for example multiply time and low value like -0.1 and connect it into panner. In very simply way you will get what you want

1 Like

Thank you for the fix and sorry about the material screenshot, I grabbed a screenshot of the wrong one, but the only difference was a dynamic material parameter instead of the scalar that plugged into speed

No worries, glad that help you :slight_smile: