GDC 2021 VFX Summit

Hello everybody!

Excited to announce that I’ll be helping to organize the VFX Summits for GDC 2021.
https://gdconf.com/summit-advisors

Things are working a bit differently this year given the pandemic, and the schedule has shifted around here and there, so bear with me! I’m still really looking forward to learning from all of you and delivering on another fantastic year of Real-Time VFX sessions.

I’ve reached out to a few people somewhat informally and casually about some ideas, but I wanted to cast a wider net before Call for Submissions officially opens on the 25th of this month. If you’re inspired by something that you want to speak on, or if you have topic and requests, feel free to get in touch with me (here on Realtime VFX, or you can shoot me an email: smgrissom at gmail.

Here’s some topics I’m interested in seeing submissions for: accessibility and inclusion, community and knowledge sharing, the transition to a more distributed team (pre pandemic, post pandemic, whatever you got), outsourcing and contracting, cutting-edge tools for asset generation, game post-mortems, or genre-specific tricks and techniques.

The actual call for papers opens up on January 25th, and closes on February 15th.

Thanks, friends!

Looking forward to hearing from you! :slight_smile:

10 Likes