Location: Remote - United States & Canada
We are a global team of creators, storytellers, technologists, experience originators, innovators and so much more. We believe amazing games and experiences start with teams as diverse as the players and communities we serve. At Electronic Arts, the only limit is your imagination.
Welcome to Maxis, home to tinkerers, craftspeople, & storytellers. Our drive is to inspire everyone to make a better world through creative play. As the developer of The Sims, we create games and experiences for millions of people around the world and are always looking for new ways to inspire our players. Maxis is a place where you can do what you love and help others grow while doing it; a place where your unique voice can be heard and seen. We put creativity and inclusivity at the core of our work and don’t settle for seeing the world only as it is, but strive to build a world as it could be.
We are looking for a VFX Artist II to join our growing Maxis team and bring The Sims to life. You will work within our proprietary tools and systems using visual scripting to create whimsical effects to entice our players. You will help grow our VFX team by serving as an individual contributor in all things visual effects related. Often you will be the connective tissue piecing features together while making sure our performance targets are met.
As a VFX Artist you will report to a Development Manager.
- You will create stylized interpretations of real-world visual effects within the confines of real-time engine memory and performance constraints
- You will collaborate with the VFX team, Direction, and other cross-discipline partners to achieve the project’s aesthetic vision
- You will be contributing to the design and technical implementation of VFX from brainstorming through the testing and bug fixing
- As a VFX Artist II, you will assist with setting priorities, contributing creative solutions to technical challenges and inspiring others through knowledge sharing and documentation
- You have 3+ years of experience as a VFX Artist contributing to all phases of game production on a AAA title
- You have experience creating advanced real-time visual effects in Maya through use of particles, static and animated textures, lights, post processing, materials, meshes, and shaders
- You have experience developing visual language across an ecosystem of effects, and working with engine lighting, post effects, and physically based shading models
- Experience with physics-based animation, impact interactions, destruction, and water
- Experience creating 3D assets, materials, and hand painted textures in other packages (e.g. Photoshop, After Effects)
- Technical comprehension in relation to visual scripting environments such as Unreal Engine’s Niagara & Blueprints, Unity’s VFX Graph
- Experience using GPU profiling tools such as PIX or GPAD