Detect Niagara particles collision inside Blueprint

Hi guys, I’m new here so sorry if I created the topic in the wrong section or if I made some other mistake, in case you take action without problems.

What I am trying to do is simply detect the collisions of individual particles of a niagara system within an external blueprint. My goal is simply to count the number of particle collisions that occur on any actor (eg a static mesh). Does anyone know if it is possible to do this?

Thanks in advance!

Hi there velodrome, this is the perfect spot! It should certainly be possible with Niagara since you can do this with Cascade. Unfortunately I haven’t had enough time to poke with Niagara, so I don’t have an exact step-by-step on how to do it. There are a few people who have spent more time in that area, maybe they can help?

Paging @Niels or maybe @cannabis.cod3r could point you in the right direction? I’m sure I’m forgetting some people too :confused:

1 Like

Thanks for answering Travis, I hope someone from the ones you mentioned can help me because I haven’t been able to solve the problem for days now ahahahah. I am still a newbie with niagara and in general with the world of unreal therefore still many things are not clear to me.

From the “Learn” Tab in the epic launcher, you can get a context example project.

Inside, In the Niagara_Advanced level, you can find this:

This has all the information you need to send particle collisions to blueprint, and to get blueprint to handle those calls.

3 Likes

Hi @Niels thank your for the replay. I downloaded the Content example from epic games launcher but it seems there isn’t a Niagara_Adavance level

I should have noted that this functionatlity is only available in 4.26 or later, so you will need that version of the content examples

1 Like