Atcolombini - Sketch #50

Hi! This is my first time doing this challenge and also my first post in the forum, I’ve been around for some months and since I have some time I decided to join.

I didn’t know what to do until around mid last week, and it’s not yet finished as I’m still working in the impact effect. I actually delayed the real work while making a small framework for the new sketches I hopefully make in the future.

The spell is supposed to be some kind of fire DoT AoE. It’s all driven by code using Unity and DOTween. I also used Krita for the first time for this. Custom shaders were made using Shader Graph, but it’s all pretty simple stuff.

Of course the model and animation are directly from mixamo, even though I accelerated the animation clip to fit my timing.

All feedback is welcome and appreciated.

[Update] FINISHED Sketch:

Thumbnail (updated)
thumbnail

3 Likes

Very interesting idea. You can try to do it in a full body size, with some borders from ground to top.
Here is an example that I made for you in 1 min from different parts of my effects:
You can find a reference with wizard meteor from Black Desert. It has gravity pressure to ground before attack. It will be a great reference :wink:

Upd. I tried to find reference, but it’s hard, I watched 10+ videos and didn’t find it. I must be a video with max graphics gameplay.

1 Like

Thank you for the 1 minunte example, it makes a lot of sense and should help make it feel less empty, I will try adding something like this. I have a parameter for the height so moving it up should be easy.

Thank you for looking for reference for me!

Maybe it is noticeable here:
Wizard/Witch Standard Skillset

Wizard Awakening Skillset:

Witches Awakening Skillset is Thunder + Earth themed, so no meteors there.

PS: this makes me miss the days where I sinked a lot of time piloting my Valkyrie <3

1 Like

Thank you, there’s a lot of good reference there! Now I wish I could have uploaded this sooner :rofl:

Oh, yes! 1:14

By the way texture on the ground already looks good, you need to continue you idea :slight_smile:
Yes, you can always improve your effects, but do this when it will be finished.

1 Like

You can also take a look into adding some parts for your effect, like creating from trails

1 Like

Yes! Great advice about finishing first and polishing later it’s so easily get lost in the details and derail from the plan :see_no_evil:

That’s me hahahaha. I’m working on the same effect for more than one month already.

I’m done for the sketch, maybe I keep working to add the suggestions @Hovl gave me, I already moved up the spell and it really is better, I’ll try adding the other stuff, as it still feels a bit empty at the beginning.

For this update I added the impact FX, this time I made it using Animator to iterate faster, as I think I may be already out of time :rofl: Added some shockwaves, debris and a bit of distorsion.

The finished sketch:

I also dropped a pair of trails in the character hands.

6 Likes

wow, better and better :star_struck:

1 Like