Alex Fedorov Sketchbook

Thank you!
About cascade and niagara - there is a lot can be said. But in short - the main adantage in Niagara is its flexibility and scalability. It’s not only a tool for VFX authoring, but a system for making this tools by yourself. With great ability to data exchange between all stages. Cascade is just a rigid tool with a number of limitations. In Niagara if you need something - you with great chance can build it yourself.
And I just recommend to watch great videos from Epic channel - they are very good for understanding what is going on.

2 Likes

thank you so much. i’ll watching them for sure.
i am beginner for Unreal and Cascade and in want to learn about RTVFX more… i like this art and it’s amazing. but i think i am overwhelmed with Unreal :))

the main downside, is that it doesn’t work just yet. :smiley:

2 Likes

Maybe consider making a video tutorial! Your knowledge is a goldmine! even if you want to make an art station payed tutorial I would pay for this absolutely! But please consider do.

Hi!
Made a candle flame for a personal project.

Also made a video with the process.
It is a real time material in Unreal Engine so decided to post it here.
https://youtu.be/gA9Dt5o-c_s

You can also find videos about candle generation in Houdini and other setup in a playlist. Hope this will be helpfull. =)

5 Likes

Very cool! Love the method to make the candle wax! :smiley: Why not try a VAT or ABC and do a timelapse of it melting in ue4 :smiley:

Thanks! VAT totally can be done, but just was not the goal. =)

1 Like