Advices for new foreigner VFX Artist

Fun fact: I applied for a QA Tester job and i got it today. The company send me next week to the actual place where i refused the internship. Quite the irony.

3 Likes

But you got an industry job :slight_smile: congrats!

Hey, I would take this opportunity to get to know the fx team if you can. The great thing with QA is there’s sometimes some down time when you can be working on other things and you have access to the project. Find out if there’s something small you can help out with when you’re not busy with your QA duties. Or find out what one of the fx artists is working on and try and create your own version of that thing. This way you get paid to do the QA job and do an unofficial internship.

Mike

That’s exactly what i was thinking. There is only 1 FX Artist and he kept contact with me after my last interview with him so i’m gonna give it a try.

Update: got an interview at Gameloft last week for an internship. There was questions i knew the answer but couldn’t replied because of the stress. I replied best i could, but frankly speaking i don’t know if i did good. I stayed honest though. Fingers crossed.