Updated Terms of Service

We realized that our terms of service was a little too vague about the ability for us to share all of these great discussions across social media (primarily twitter), so I’ve updated the Terms of Service with the following line under 3. User Content License

User contributions are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License1. Without limiting any of those representations or warranties, Company has the right (though not the obligation) to… (iii) distribute user contributions across the realtimevfx.com services and it’s social media platform.

The reason this has come up is because I’m implementing a “Staff Picks” tag which will automatically be sourced into a twitter feed (with link and attribution back to the user’s post) - hopefully drawing more attention to and helping us continue to build a thriving community.

Like everything with this site, this is a community decision to be made. Please speak up if you have any concerns.

<3 Keith

3 Likes

I didn’t understand when money got involved?

Company will have no obligation to provide a refund of any amounts previously paid.

Back to Topic:
Sharing in the social media is great but then won’t it make this cool community a “hip” thingy (like a magazine that people just join to see whats new with no much contribution)?
just bringing up a point of view.

*For me is not a concern really if stuff get posted :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks for looking these over with me!

For the end-user / community members, no money is or ever will be involved - that’s a broad statement for sponsors/partners of future competitions, etc. It’s unfortunate, but full terms of service like this are necessary to protect us from fringe situations :pensive:

At the moment, there are only two ideas in motion for generating income to help cover the costs of operating this community and it’s events (although neither of them are in action right now). We’re always going to be 100% transparent about them, and want to keep them a community discussion and decision. You can read more about them on the Industry Partnerships page in the footer of the site.

I doubt it’ll ever be that hip, but honestly, if we get 100 lurkers from social, and one of them learns something more about effects, or even just begins to appreciate the time and craft that all of us pour into our work, I’d say that’s worth it :slight_smile:

On the other hand, we feel that getting more peripheral people, students, and companies from our industry contributing here can only benefit everyone.

1 Like

Everything sounds great man! I’m super excited about this entire website/community :heart:
I’m in :punch:

1 Like