Unity ForceShield

ForceShield270P

42 Likes

Any chance of a breakdown of the shader?

2 Likes

老铁,不错的啊,可以可以的。。。。。。。。。。。。。。

大家最近都爱来这玩吗,哈哈哈哈哈哈哈。。

哈哈。想看看。老外的看法。但是这个论坛真的人气连国内的零头都不如。哎。。我也是醉了。。各位大佬好

this should be what you are looking for

9 Likes

yeah,that is a good tutorial。I‘ve seen it before.

cheers, that helps…

one part i don’t quite follow is how they use the normal and local position with “vector reject.” to move the vert position relative to each hexagon - at the 3.55 mark https://youtu.be/_IwlpwEJ3lE?t=240

what is the vetor reject node doing?

It basically flattens the vector onto the hexagon. It’s like the opposite of when you use vector projection to find the distance between things.

this video got me upto speed on vector projections,

what vector is getting flattened? the rejection of the local vert positions and its normal?

Yes exactly. The localspace position vector is rejected from the vert normal.
Like this (I exaggerated the Normal angle to show what’s going on):

Oh, and I can’t see your video :frowning:

video description of the rejection vector

I cant visualize in my head why that vector points in the direction of the polygons surface in such away that it can scale the polygon shape.

cheers for the info guys, more fun tools to play with :smiley:

It’s because the normals are hard/faceted. If they were smooth, the rejection would just be 0. Check this, I have isolated one hexagon with hard normals so it’s easier to see the difference between the position and the normal. Since the localspace origin of a sphere means the position normals of all corners of the hexagon are spreading, the direction of the rejected vector will be towards the center of the hexagon.

cool, makes snese now

cheers for the diagram

200px-Projection_and_rejection
Projection of a on b (a1), and rejection of a from b (a2).

I see you’ve been handled :smile:

人气是不如 可是每条评论都贵在精。在国内论坛一个帖子可能有几千条回复,然而你想在里面找到一个有用的回帖,几乎不怎么可能。这里要么没评论,要么都是用心评论。我的话比起国内的假热闹更喜欢这里的真小众。

1 Like

嗯,我同意你的看法,所以我还会在这里默默地发作品的。哈哈。虽然确实想听听大家怎么说。

1 Like

TIM图片20180116101240

很期待你们在这里的分享、比国内的666气氛要好多了。

1 Like