Tony Manzi - VFX Sketchbook 2024

Hiii everyone after a long period that I missed posting , I am back again!

It’s been a wonderful year the last one with high peaks and low peaks,
I have got my first job as VFX Artist with [Navigator Games Ltd] (https://navigatorgames.ca/)
and has been a wonderful experience work for one entire year on a awesome IP like - Avatar: The Last Airbender! -

This is a big achievement for me thanks to being always surrounded with kind friends that loves games a talk about VFX, a special thanks to my friend @SelicatoArt that has always been present during our journey in VFX and pushed me even though after being affected on October from an huge layoffs by gaming industry I was missing find motivation…

BUT here we are, I have taken a chance to find motivation and sharpen my skills and continuing seeking knowledge in VFX’s world than I have submitted to the - Portfolio Bootcamp of https://www.vfxapprentice.com/ and from know I will share with you my updates and my general journey in this fantastic path of making things Shine!

(ps. I have decided to pivoting to UE5 so I am looking forward to learn awesome stuffs from you guys!)

Feel free to hanging out with me and leave a feedback is always appreciated!

2 Likes

Week 1 - Portfolio Bootcamp

In the first week based on looping VFX I have decided to study and try to make my own representation of Omen’s skill called -Paranoia- since I like a lot the color vibrance of VALORANT and all the shapes that they used.

This is the reference that I was follow

• after watched it and put it down some steps that I would have needed to know before start, I have done my call-out sheet as you can see here

after that I have focused on create lightning flipbook since I noticed that they had a strong impact on the loop VFX so I have quickly block out the motion of lightning to get familiar with the element

Untitled_Artwork

after created the final flipbook and worked on Texture and the Shader this is my submission for Week 1

Valorant_Omen-ezgif.com-resize

I have gained great feedback from @NotSoLittleChris Chris Sayers so after working on new submission of this week I will apply on it and I will keep updated.

Thanks to everyone the mentors Chris and @Madosho and the great community of VFXA!

Update Omen’s VFX

Worked on new textures , applied feedback from Chris from Mentor at VFX-A and I am really happy with the form that I came up whit the meshes- still missing the new flipbook since I would like to put there something more appealing , after this new assignment I will continue working on this!

Hope you like it!
test_01-ezgif.com-optimize

6 Likes