The Great Transmutator Prize Announcement

Hey VFX Community!

The excitement over the competition, both from participants and sponsors has been phenomenal, and because of it PopcornFX has pulled together some amazing prize packages for us. Let’s give a HUGE thanks to our competition sponsors:

PopcornFX
Houdini by SideFX
Substance by Allegorithmic
NVIDIA
Wacom

Check out the exciting prize lineup they’re providing for us:

We’ve also formalized our prestigious panel of judges for the submissions:
Thank you Iki Ikram, David Johnson, Ciaran Devine, Gregor Lakner, and Mathieu Martinet!

And finally, we’ve extended the deadline so more people can participate in this amazing setup! Submissions will be accepted until May 31st!

Another huge thanks to our partners PopcornFX, Printemps Numérique, BCTQ / QFTC #VFXmontreal, Alliance Numérique

For more information on the submission process, etc, please see our original competition announcement here:

19 Likes

Wow, this is amazing! :open_mouth:
Hope so many great prizes will push some more awesome entries! So it’s still a month left, come on guys, join the fun! :smiley:

6 Likes

Those are some very tempting prizes there! :smiley:

I’ll see if I can find the time to make something. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Wow! Hopefully now that I have more free time I can get what’s in my head onto the screen

2 Likes

Wooow! Amazing prizes! Its defiantly a motivational booster :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Wow, that are some crazy good prizes!

2 Likes

Just wanted to chime in and agree that those prizes are EPIC!

3 Likes

Those prizes are amazing! It is ON! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Oh man! I’m so glad the deadline was extended - I’m excited to start working on this, but I have to get through one more week of class and crunch at work… I’m seriously champing at the bit

I just saw this, thank you so much for the deadline extension!

1 Like

I hate to push but I’m just curios…what is going on?

Should be fairly soon! As I understand it, most of the judges decisions have been made. I’d imagine an announcement coming early this month.

Excellent! Thank you for the answer.

Then, I’ll just sit back and wait patiently :wink:

Any news on the subject? :slight_smile:

As I understand it, the judges are in their final rounds to determine the top prize winners. I’ll be working with @green_eyes to establish the final winner announcement shorts

4 Likes

Hello hello
Yes we will get back to you soon, final discussion with judges in progress, great sumissions so huge challenge for us!! best

6 Likes

Oh come on already! :slight_smile:

https://i.warosu.org/data/tg/img/0403/78/1433455407057.jpg

10 Likes

http://imgur.com/a/tqVm7

5 Likes

lmao, this thread tho…