Stormhound: Sketch #64

Hey everyone!

I’m excited to join my very first event. I’ve never done a lootbox effect before, but I do have an idea that could be a starting point.

I really like the Arcane show, and I’ve always wanted to recreate something from it. In this case, reimagining the hexcore as a lootbox seemed appropriate. So I immediately jumped into Blender and modeled and textured the original hexcore. I’m not a great modeler, but I did my best (ignore my poor topology). Next, I’m going to try animating it in Blender for the first time in my life :smiley:

Thumbnail:
LS_Lootbox (5)
ezgif-7-691358c3d6
ezgif-1-3bac45d5dd
ezgif-4-5b4b1242f6

end

7 Likes

Today’s final progress

a fully rigged hexcore ready for animations (I hope so) :grinning:

İsimsiz video ‐ Clipchamp ile yapıldı (19)

1 Like

After some frustrating import issues, I finally integrated Hexcore into Unreal Engine. Here’s my first attempt at animating the Hexcore

ezgif-5-841f5d15a3

Update: I forgot to add the interior :sweat_smile: here’s the updated version

ezgif-6-447e7285b4

9 Likes

Animation update! I feel like the animation is more lively now. Let me know what you think!

ezgif-7-fb20e024ea

Update: I started working on some effects! :zap:

ezgif-4-5b4b1242f6

6 Likes

I made some improvements to the lightning and composition

ezgif-1-3bac45d5dd

HD

5 Likes

Update: I’ve added some explosions! I think I’ve included everything I wanted for now, though I still need to polish them. If you have any ideas or suggestions on the overall composition and effects, feel free to leave a comment!

6 Likes

Wow Effect looks good . How did you achieved the Ground Impact (Spreading Round Splashy)?

1 Like

Thank you! I used the texture offset and polar coordinates technique, along with some normal distortion on the texture

1 Like

Wow, Very interesting effect.
How is this rune spiral achieved,Model animation or UV offset?
QQ截图20241012111440

Animation all done inside niagara emitter using Lerp Position

Hey again!

I’m back with some minor changes. I mainly added supporting elements like fake emissive effects on the objects, lens flares on the impacts, and small tweaks to the lightning. I also changed how the runes look. I think they look more detailed and prettier now. I’m almost done with the effect, and I don’t want to add more elements and make it more complicated than it already is, but please let me know if you have any suggestions or feedback.

(Runes are randomly generated by using this tool CelestialMaze - RuneGenerator)

2 Likes

That’s really nice, I especially like when the loot appears it’s so smooth :ok_hand:

1 Like