Sketch #24: Sai

Sketches inspired by old Disney animated movies

And I just realized I captured these at the wrong fps yoops :sweat_smile:

This looks hot! I really love idea. Will be watching this one!

One of my favorite things about older disney movies is amount of color they used in the backgrounds and how magic always seemed to pop out during the Fantasia movie. I loooove the colors of multiple scenes but the nutcracker is probably one of my favorite color comps ever. I also love the color palette of Alice in Wonderland and old Disney princess films in general. The of color with contrast of dark values is what I find the most visually interesting in those films. I love how Pixar uses motion graphic animation to convey music in Monster’s Inc’s intro too. I’m not sure if I want to do something more rhythm based, but I might try it out :slight_smile:

If you’d like, I can start a pinterest for specific types of things I pull for reference and inspiration upon request, just let me know! :slight_smile:

giphy%20(16)

original tumblr_m3dcyxppXm1qzfr0xo1_250 BestBlindGalapagospenguin-size_restricted

Yes yes yes! But only if you have time! I think I will start a pinterest too, seems like a fun place to find reference and collect cool stuff :hushed:

i liked first gif angle. nice.