Here is the first pass at my entry for the Real Time VFX Sketch #10 Campfire.
· I’m using Unity as my game engine.
· The flames are texture sheets that I made using After Effects, GlueIT, and Photoshop.
· I’m using two different emitters for the smoke: one for the hotter lit smoke, and one for the cooler smoke that goes higher in the air.
· There is an additional emitter for the hot embers/sparks that rise up from time to time.
· I’ve got bloom on the camera to help with the glow.
· The emission is animated on the log textures and burn pit texture to help give them some life.
· The creepy eyes are a very small texture sheet that I’m animating between to get the blinking to happen.
· The shooting star in the sky has a trail renderer turned on.
TO DO: I’d like to get my scene environment dressed up a bit with some plants and maybe a tent or camper.