RandomStroke : Sketch #41

Hey everyone, just couldn’t stay away from one of my personal favourite energy form) Although this time i instead of single fx i think it’ll try to make a Starcraft2 fanart-kind-of-thing) Always enojoyed protoss visual style, so i’ll try to make an alternative of a Tempest unit ( or smth like that )

rtvfx_m_5

Current status : i think it’s done) Not completely satisfied but it’s ok)

Here’s a Unity ( 2019.4.8f1 ) project with it all ( except for the local caches )…if someone is interested :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Rough sketch)

Update: alright, finished the mesh and uv’s, the next step is Substance texturing)

4 Likes

Made a groundplane, projected sc2 tex. and added a bit of depth)
original texture is taken from https://cdnb.artstation.com/p/assets/images/images/008/087/017/large/michael-chae-chae-8-primeval-wilds.jpg?1510391542

1 Like

Alrighty, i think i’ve overestimated my texturing abilities))) So i deicded to make a simple overlay pattern with a geometry, by the end of the day it should be about fx , not the textureing…i guess)
Update: added a bit of bump map outlines

3 Likes

Alright, brought it to the Unity and applied some basic shaders and post fx to it…

3 Likes

Finally started working on an fx itself)) Made a rough sketch , will probably add some lightings and inner core as well…

11 Likes

Alright, added some minor lightings…will probably make several variants of the inner part of the sphere

Still not happy with the fx transition, maybe some scrolling stuff will help to snap those two things together

2 Likes

Alright, tried a bit more complex pattern…still looks a bit unfinished , will probably add smth. in the inner part of the sphere

4 Likes

Another update…added some lightings. The last thing i’d want to try is going to be some shader based image distortion…will see if it works)

4 Likes

Alright, distortion is done so i think i’m getting close)

7 Likes