Paweł Pawliczak : Sketch #17 WIP

~~
Final result (changed) :

~~

Hello everyone! ^^
It’s my first post on RTVFX I’m reading it everyday and thank you guys for sharing the awesome knowledge!
I’ve been working on that challenge for some time, but I made it so unoptimized and messy in Houdini that it starts to crash when trying to launch :C so! I made new smaller try and here is my WIP :slight_smile: I used the flowmap tutorial that Simon mentioned in his post(thanks!)
Will need to work more on the flowmap itself so it will follow the stream more.

2 Likes

congratz to your first post :slight_smile: the river looks nice! i guess for the little better presentation i would de-saturate the strong green/yellow of the terrain a bit.
and i feel you in regard to the crashes. my river is also not very optimized and i got many crashes in unreal when i re-cooked the whole beast :smiley:

Looking good! The colours and strong normal give it an icy, magical quality which is really cool if that was the intent. If you wanted to tend it towards a more realistic style you could try softening the normal a little?

Thank you for feedback! I dropped from the normals dramatically and that was good point :smiley: also changed the landscape colors so they wont hurt eyes as much now. Speaking of hurting eyes, I wanted to get the “dreamy” look, so I boosted some bloom “a little bit”, to have that little shiny sparkles floating around ^^
Here is the final look :

congratz for finishing! nice work!

As I realized I have more time, i changed the concept a little bit and made it more towards realistic than stylized, so here is the the latest River_Final_Final :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes