Particle parenting

Hi everyone, I was wondering if anyone knew of a way to parent sub-emitter particles to their parent particles 1:1. That is to say, that each sub-emitter particle would match their parents motion completely, as though linked.

The only workaround I’ve been able to find so far is to NOT use a random seed so both particle systems have identical motion, but this isn’t always desirable if some degree of randomness for each instance is required.

If the only thing you missing is the instance randomness then you can make a script that set the seed to something different on each instance.

Another way is to track the position of the parent particle and update a child particle’s position to follow it.
If you want them linked - you need to link them!
Here is a link to documentation on how to set individual particle’s data. Apply that to read parent particle position, and then applying that position to the child particle

I used similar approach before to make a rocket barrage guided by particles, effectively instancing Rocket gameObjects and having them follow a parent particle, it can give some nice motions…