Bouncing ball effect

Prompt:
Create a bouncing ball effect in a single element
Reference :

Every submission is 1 bounce from floor to floor

Sketch53

Timeline:
June 5th → June 30th 11:59 PST

Submitting: Create a new topic in the " Events > 54: BouncingBall " category with your name and sketch number in the title (Like this: “Nande Yanen: Sketch #53” ), and post your updates to your topic during the month!

When you are finished, Edit your first post so it holds the final effect in the form of Youtube/Vimeo Video or High-Quality GIFs.

Please make sure to read this post with detailed rules if you are new to the sketches :

:sparkles: :gem: Sketch Hall of Fame (People who have Sketch Diamond - x3 wins!) :gem: :sparkles::

@Lush
@Spyro
@Torbach

:arrow_down: If you have any questions, tips or tricks, reply down below! :arrow_down:

Post on socials with #VFXSketch

Good luck, have fun!
:fire:

11 Likes

Just for transparency I want to clear up some points :

• One bounce is 1 submission, but you are allowed to make as many submission as you want in a singular post (as long as each starts and ends on the ground)
  • 2D animation is absolutely allowed.
  • Framing and timing do not need to line up with the example
1 Like

I’m a bit confused,

One bounce is 1 submission, but you are allowed to make as many submission as you want in a singular post (as long as each starts and ends on the ground)

How will we get judged if we submit, say, 3 different bounces? I assume they’re part of the same entry and are just looked at as a whole?

1 Like

Yeah, it’s 1 entry, and you get judged on the whole.
The separate submissions don’t have to merge together like in the reference. They can just be separate clips, or if you want to add them in 1 clip, there can be a visible cut.
I just wanted to make sure people didn’t feel obliged to send in a whole sequence of bounces.

1 Like

That clears things up, thanks!

So, it’s not that you must seperate each bounce into different a submission,
it’s just that you don’t have to make the bounces be together as a whole sequence!

1 Like

What should I do if I already did this some time ago? :sweat_smile:
https://www.artstation.com/artwork/XBwKdy

1 Like

Make one in a different theme?

1 Like

Great idea! More bouncing balls!