Official VFX Sketch #49: RE Waterfall

Waterfall

Could it be?? That’s right. That one iconic effect that is always guaranteed to have a hidden pathway behind in every game every made. The waterfall.

Prompt:
Make a waterfall

Timeline:
February 7th → February 28th 11:59 PST

Submitting: Create a new topic in the " Events > 49: RE Waterfall " category with your name and sketch number in the title (Like this: “Katara: Sketch #49” ), and post your updates to your topic during the month!

When you are finished, Edit your first post so it holds the final effect in the form of Youtube/Vimeo Video or High-Quality GIFs.

:sparkles: :gem: Sketch Hall of Fame (People who have Sketch Diamond - x3 wins!) :gem: :sparkles::

@Lush
@Spyro

:arrow_down: If you have any questions, tips or tricks, reply down below! :arrow_down:

Post on socials with #VFXSketch

Good luck, have fun!
:droplet:

7 Likes

Be sure to grab some inspiration from our waterfall sketch from 4+ years ago!

2 Likes

Whenever there’s not a path behind a waterfall I’m slightly disappointed.

I’m going to join this challenge as I can make a waterfall for my game (altho that’s totally not a priority right now) Still I can do whatever I want, Its my game and I’m the boss!

My added rules make it harder tho. No transparencies (for art style reasons) and even masking is not permitted unless the whole poly face disappears. Its a low poly art style with more poly’s… Medium poly’s? So far I don’t even have sprites, all mesh renders.

Anyway lets give it a go. (after I make a dash fx which actually is needed)

1 Like