Welcome to the 45th sketch, this month, a challenge!
The Cubes Only Challenge
- Make an effect using only mesh particles, to which only a cube is assigned (3 sets of parallel faces all orthogonal to eachother)
- No extra vertices (Only the 8 vertices required for the cube)
- Cubes can be scaled non-uniformly.
- You can do what you want with the materials.
- Only particles can be used to make the effect (You cannot prebake into vat and run it from animation toolkit or static meshes etc…)
- The theme is free to be used as you want.
Scoring and Winning:
Judging criteria includes:
- You showed WIP throughout the month
- Your work is technically and artistically well-executed.
- Followed challenge rules.
- If you use non-cube particles, we will be subtracting a vote per particle we can see
Submitting: Create a new topic in the " Events > 45: Cube Challenge " category with your name and sketch number in the title (Like this: “Seth Suzoku : Sketch #45” ), and post your updates to your topic during the month!
When you are finished, Edit your first post so it holds the final effect in the form of Youtube/Vimeo Video or High-Quality GIFs.
- Always cite your sources! Is your work based on someone else’s? Let us know! Always show your references.
- All entries must be made during the running period shown below.
- Do feel free to use any tool, system or workflow that pre-existed. Although we encourage experimentation.
- Using a simple environment for presentation is allowed, but should remain simple and serve only as background.
August 3th -> August 31st 11:59 PST
Favorite : Will recieve a golden badge and avatar icon.
Runner up : Will recieve a silver badge and avatar icon.
All Participants : Will recieve a participations badge.
Sketch Hall of Fame (People who have Sketch Diamond - x3 wins!) :
If you have any questions, tips or tricks, reply down below!
Post on twitter with #CubeChallenge
Good luck, have fun!