(Banner background image taken from Overwatch)
Create a loot box opening effect! Your final entry should have:
- A loot box represented as cubes (or a modeled loot box).
- Loot box opening FX
Scoring and Winning:
We will have some of our very own vfx wizards to judge your work.
These judges will select a favorite and runner up.
Judging criteria includes:
- You showed WIP throughout the month
- Your work is technically and artistically well-executed.
- Followed challenge rules.
Submitting: Create a new topic in the “Events > 32 - Loot Box" category with your name and sketch number in the title (Like this: “LootGuy Macgyver: Sketch #32” ), and post your updates to your topic during the month!
When you are finished, Edit your first post so it holds the final effect in the form of Youtube/Vimeo Video or High-Quality GIFs.
- Always cite your sources! Is your work based on someone else’s? Let us know! Always show your references.
- All entries must be made during the running period shown below.
- Do feel free to use any tool, system or workflow that pre-existed. Although we encourage experimentation.
- Using a simple environment for presentation is allowed, but should remain simple and serve only as background.
Feb 4th -> Feb 29th 11:59 PST
Favorite : Will recieve a golden badge and avatar icon.
Runner up : Will recieve a silver badge and avatar icon.
All Participants : Will recieve a participations badge.
If you have any questions, ask them down below!
Good luck, have fun!