Official VFX Sketch #27: Fire vs Ice

Fire vs Ice challenge:

Rules:
Pick a side, Fire or Ice and create an effect based on your decision (either a fire effect, or ice effect). Make sure to include your decision in the title of your topic! Concluding the sketch, we will tally each side based on likes and decide who wins the battle of the elements (This is supplemental to the regular 1st and 2nd)! May the best side win :smiling_imp:

Submitting: Create a new topic in the “Events > 27 - Fire vs Ice" category with your name, sketch number and side decision (Fire or Ice) (Like this : “Nibe tsu: Sketch #27 Fire” ), and post your updates to this while the event is running.

When you are finished, edit your first post so it holds the final effect in the form of Youtube/Vimeo Video or High-Quality GIFs.

Important:

• Always cite your sources! Is your work based on that of someone else, let us know. Show your references.
  • All entries must be made during this running period
  • Do feel free to use any tool, system or workflow that pre-existed. Although we encourage experimentation.

Timeline:
September 5th → September 30th 11:59 PM PST

Scoring and Winning:
We will have some of our very own vfx wizards to judge your work.
These judges will select a favorite and runner up.
Judging criteria includes:

• You showed progress at regular intervals.
  • Work is technically and artistically well-executed.
  • Followed challenge rules.

Badges:
Favorite : Will receive a golden badge and avatar icon.
Runner up : Will receive a silver badge and avatar icon.
All Participants : Will receive a participation badge.

Badges_All_03

If you have any questions, Feel free to ask them down below!

Good luck, have fun! :fire:

9 Likes

oh nice - i’m working on some new fire stuff atm anyway so this is great timing :slight_smile:

1 Like

#TeamIce :ice_cube: :gem:

Place your bets: will I be able to successfully finish this one? :cold_face:

5 Likes

can we submit more than one effect. or can we submit in both category. fire and ice

Good point, we should address that in the post next time.

Please submit one thread only.

It is fine to make multiple effects within that thread of course, we will be judging all the effects at once, not as separate ones. Please stick to the chosen category for the sketch.

1 Like

Does it mean that an effect representing both element is forbidden ? Now my mind is only about doing both at the same time :laughing:

1 Like

sure. i have some effects i will post in same thread.

Let the battle begins!!
hu

9 Likes

Reading the header I also got the vibe of letting them two react in one piece…
Fire beating ice, resulting in water extinguishing the fire.
That would result in a draw.
Draws are boring, so challenge accepted!

Ice baby! :ice_cube:

2 Likes

Yes!

5 Likes

My Hero Academia: Todoroki vs Deku

'nuff said

I so want to do something like this one day, once i’ll have some time.

2 Likes

Nice, good luck everyone !) Btw , i wonder how you, ppl ,make those fancy little gifs at the left side of thread’s name :slight_smile:

Ah! Make sure your gif is the first thing in your thread and it will grab it. So if a static image is first, it grabs the image.

1 Like

@RandomStroke
Just realized you can also edit your topic title and select the thumbnail there:

:open_mouth:

3 Likes

Aww this would be great but I keep getting this error:
Annotation%202019-10-01%20123828
Guess I will have to stick to my not so sneaky prioritized gif for now :slight_smile: