Fire vs Ice challenge:
Pick a side, Fire or Ice and create an effect based on your decision (either a fire effect, or ice effect). Make sure to include your decision in the title of your topic! Concluding the sketch, we will tally each side based on likes and decide who wins the battle of the elements (This is supplemental to the regular 1st and 2nd)! May the best side win
Submitting: Create a new topic in the “Events > 27 - Fire vs Ice" category with your name, sketch number and side decision (Fire or Ice) (Like this : “Nibe tsu: Sketch #27 Fire” ), and post your updates to this while the event is running.
When you are finished, edit your first post so it holds the final effect in the form of Youtube/Vimeo Video or High-Quality GIFs.
- Always cite your sources! Is your work based on that of someone else, let us know. Show your references.
- All entries must be made during this running period
- Do feel free to use any tool, system or workflow that pre-existed. Although we encourage experimentation.
September 5th -> September 30th 11:59 PM PST
Scoring and Winning:
We will have some of our very own vfx wizards to judge your work.
These judges will select a favorite and runner up.
Judging criteria includes:
- You showed progress at regular intervals.
- Work is technically and artistically well-executed.
- Followed challenge rules.
Favorite : Will receive a golden badge and avatar icon.
Runner up : Will receive a silver badge and avatar icon.
All Participants : Will receive a participation badge.
If you have any questions, Feel free to ask them down below!
Good luck, have fun!