(Banner background VFX from Klemen Lozar)
The Vertex Offset Challenge:
Create an effect in which all the motion for the effect is done in the material. No particle/blueprint rotation, position, scale, velocity modules, or vertex animation exports from Houdini or other sources. All of the movement for the effect must be done in the Material. You are free to choose any kind of effect.
Submitting: Create a new topic in the “Events > 26 - Vertex Offset" category with your name, sketch number and Vertex Offset (Like this : “Nibe tsu: Sketch #26 Vertex Offset” ), and post your updates to this while the event is running.
When you are finished, edit your first post so it holds the final effect in the form of Youtube/Vimeo Video or High-Quality GIFs.
- Always cite your sources! Is your work based on that of someone else, let us know. Show your references.
- All entries must be made during this running period
- Do feel free to use any tool, system or workflow that pre-existed. Although we encourage experimentation.
August 3rd -> August 31st
Scoring and Winning:
We will have some of our very own vfx wizards to judge your work.
These judges will select a favorite and runner up.
Judging criteria includes:
- You showed progress at regular intervals.
- Work is technically and artistically well-executed.
- Followed challenge rules.
Favorite : Will recieve a golden badge and avatar icon.
Runner up : Will recieve a silver badge and avatar icon.
All Participants : Will recieve a participations badge.
If you have any questions, Feel free to ask them down below!
Good luck, have fun!