(Banner background VFX from @Limeslushie Oskar Larsson)
Create an effect that conveys a status effect on a character, choose from one of the following
- Heal: A heal effect that regenerates HP over time.
- Dot: An effect that does damage over time to the player.
- Root: Effect roots player in position, making them unable to move for a few seconds.
- Slow: Effect that causes a player’s movement speed to be slowed.
You must pick which status effect you are going to create before starting and make sure it is mentioned in your thread’s title.
Submitting: Create a new topic in the “Events > 25 - Status Effect" category with your name, sketch number and the status effect you chose (Like this : “Nibe tsu: Sketch #25 Heal” ), and post your updates to this while the event is running.
When you are finished, edit your first post so it holds the final effect in the form of Youtube/Vimeo Video or High-Quality GIFs.
- Always cite your sources! Is your work based on that of someone else, let us know. Show your references.
- All entries must be made during this running period
- Do feel free to use any tool, system or workflow that pre-existed. Although we encourage experimentation.
July 4rd → July 30th
Scoring and Winning:
We will have some of our very own vfx wizards to judge your work.
These judges will select a favorite and runner up.
Judging criteria includes:
- Effect clearly conveys chosen status effect.
- You showed progress at regular intervals.
- Work is technically and artistically well-exectuted.
- Followed challenge rules.
Favorite : Will recieve a golden badge and avatar icon.
Runner up : Will recieve a silver badge and avatar icon.
All Participants : Will recieve a participations badge.
If you have any questions, Feel free to ask them down below!
Good luck, have fun!