(Banner background VFX from League of Legends)
Pixel Perfect Challenge:
Make any effect you want, however,
The only material you can use is a flat, untextured, unlit material, feeding particle colour and opacity straight into material colour and opacity.
Submitting: Create a new topic in the “Events > 24 - Pixel Perfect” category with your name in the title and the sketch number (Like this : “Nai Wakan: Sketch #24” ), and post your updates to this while the event is running.
When you are finished, edit your first post so it holds the final effect in the form of Youtube/Vimeo Video or High-Quality GIFs.
- Always cite your sources! Is your work based on that of someone else, let us know. Show your references.
- All entries must be made during this running period
- Do feel free to use any tool, system or workflow that pre-existed. Although we encourage experimentation.
June 3rd -> June 30th
Scoring and Winning:
We will have some of our very own vfx wizards to judge your work.
These judges will select a favorite and runner up.
Judging criteria includes:
- Create an effect that meets the thematic criteria.
- Followed the challenge rules.
- Showed WIP.
- Work is technically and artistically well-exectuted.
All Participants : Will recieve a participations badge.
Runner up : Will recieve a silver badge and avatar icon.
Favorite : Will recieve a golden badge and avatar icon.
If you have any questions, Feel free to ask them down below!
Good luck, have fun!