[Niagara 4.25] Particle Location Module Mini Tutorial

Ahh ok, I hadn’t seen that float in my module because I hadn’t hooked it up right, but I pasted the script to copy your nodes and now it works.

Thanks so much again for your prompt help, and for this fantastic tutorial!

1 Like

Is there anyway to do this in 4.26? I have done everything here to a T, and I am getting the error, “Function call signature does not match DataInterface possible signatures?”

I cannot figure out a solution or make another Data Interface parameter.

Yes, it has worked all the way up to UE5.1 for me.

That error does not indicate an issue with the parameter itself, but with a function call on that parameter.
Does it say which function call this error is happening on? We might be able to analyze it from there.

Thanks for the reply! I just went back to UE to check the specifics, and now the error is gone. Not sure why, but it is working now.

But I tried to make another Data Instance that isn’t from the copy-pasted solution, and I still cannot do that. Is there a certain way I need to make one?

Data Instance?
Could you elaborate on what you’re trying to do?

When I was trying to make it following the instructions instead of just copy-pasting it at first I couldn’t make a Data Instance like what is shown in your tutorial here https://realtimevfx.com/uploads/default/original/3X/2/1/2111f7ffc58b79c69ab7a278875c87ece0daa448.png

And now when I try to add the module to an emitter it just crashes my engine instead despite the module not having any compile errors.

If you search for Alive in a Map Set, do you not find it as an option?

If you cannot get it to work, try downloading VFExtra 4.26 from my website, one of the included modules is a ParticleLocation module, if that one also doesn’t work it might be an engine issue.

Ah, when I search Alive it does pull that up. I thought there were more, and the scratch pad is something I’m just starting to learn about as well.

Thank you for replying on this old thread so quickly. I really appreciate it, and I will definitely download VFExtra.

Oh, cool, so if you add the DataInstance.Alive parameter manually and hook it up like in the screenshots, does it still crash?