Need help with the Houdini Flipbook texture RROP node

Hello all!

I am currently learning about FX in games, specifically with Unreal engine and am trying to use the flipbook texture nodes in order to create a fire sim for unreal, however I cant seem to get the node to work properly. I am having a lot of trouble finding a good tutorial, or discussion about this (I followed the project titan tutorial from sidefx, it did not help).

I would to ask for some help from someone who has more experience with this workflow.
My main issue having the rop render out fire and an alpha. It renders smoke well but for some reason if there is fire in the scene, the fire does not appear in there export. If I want to create a flame without any smoke, I get a blank export.
I would really appreciate any help with this,
Thank you

I haven’t used volume simulation for a long time, but I remember that you need to assign a shader to your volume before rendering. I suggest testing by rendering a simple volume setup before applying it to your scene. There are plenty of tutorials about rendering volume out there—you can search on YouTube