MRvfx: Embergen Challenge

Hi, I’ve lurked around off and on for a while now, but this seems like a good time to be more active. Looks like I’m a bit late to the party and can’t wait to get started. I’ve never seen Embergen before, so I’m going to play around with the software a bit before I try to come up with a concept.

Edit:
Final result for the challenge (adding it to the first post, in gif form, to try and figure out how to get the thumbnail preview to work :thinking:)

1 Like

Hey I’m back with my first update.
After losing the battle with my C drive, re-installing windows, and downloading everything again, I’ve finally gotten started playing around with Embergen. It should be a fun challenge to see what I can turn out in 5 days. For my project I plan to bombard Denys Rutkovskyi’s “Fantasy and Medieval Architecture” demonstration map. Reference is going to be Kingdom of Heaven’s ballista attack scene https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f15NRsO3rD0, the ballista from Warcraft’s BFA trailer, and the first minute or so of FF14’s Realm Reborn - A New Beginning trailer.
Here’s the first WIP and I will try to keep this updated daily.

Hi all, I didn’t get to put in as much time today on this as I was hoping to, but here is a rough of the shots I’m going to go for.

2 Likes

Hey everyone,
Here’s an update of the first 3 shots.

Here’s my latest.

2 Likes

Here’s a quick reminder that this Challenge closes this evening! Don’t forget to submit your final video to JangaFX using this Form if you’ve yet!

For the full rules and instructions, visit our original post here:

Hi all,
Here’s my final entry for the competition.

It was fun seeing what I could get together in 5 days and not having to wait for simulations to render was great.

2 Likes