In Mixed Reality, people—not devices—are at the center of everything we do. Our tech moves beyond screens and pixels, creating a new reality aimed at bringing us closer together—whether that’s scientists “meeting” on the surface of a virtual Mars or some yet undreamt-of possibility. To get there, we’re incorporating diverse groundbreaking technologies, from the revolutionary Holographic Processing Unit to computer vision, machine learning, human-computer interaction, and more. We’re a growing team of talented engineers and artists putting technology on a human path across all Windows devices, including Microsoft HoloLens, the Internet of Things, phones, tablets, desktops, and Xbox. We believe there has to be a better way. If you do too, we need you!
- Work on the creation of 3D content, models, materials, texture, and shaders towards the delivery of real-time VFX for our products.
- Partner with industry-leading Engineers, Artists, Designers and Producers
- Work with state-of-the art next generation hardware, sensors, and software
- Incorporate the latest AI, Machine Learning, and Computer vision capabilities into the design of our products
- 4+ years’ experience or equivalent in real-time visual effects (VFX), or equivalent career
- Working with the latest content creation and game engine tools
- Good cross-discipline collaboration skills
- Great communication, written and verbal
- This position requires access to information controlled under the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) or the Export Administration Regulations (EAR), the successful candidate must be a “U.S. person” : a natural person (a) who is a lawful permanent resident as defined in 8 U.S.C. 1101(a)(20); or (b) who is a protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3); or © is subject to an approved license by the applicable government agency.
There are plenty of other skills that aren’t required, but you’ll find useful in this role. Let us know if you have experience with:
- 2D animation experience
- Simulation experience with Maya, Houdini, etc.
- Augmented or Virtual Reality
- Unity, Unreal, or related game engines
- Working with the US Military or other government contracts
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.