Magic Orbs effect

Trying to make Magic Orbs with mesh and Sprint Render but I want to see if there are any improvements and feedback to make magic orbs in shape or the particle’s force.

1 Like

Short GIF for effect in motion
Untitled video - Made with Clipchamp (1)

super rough overdraw, but hopefully it helps illustrate some of the ideas I like playing with when building effects like these.

Variation
Try having different sized particles, introduce some color difference, etc…

Negative Space
Create patches of emptiness to help contrast to places where there is stuff.

Color Warmth
Shift saturation upwards as brightness decreases, shift hue to colder color (in the overdraw, I use a blue purple for the darker colors instead of magenta at lower opacity)

Presentation
While technically not part of your effect, the background distracts from the effect by nature of being almost the same brightness. Darken it a bit to have space for brighter colors to come in.

Emulate physical phenomena
Brighter things de-saturate, bloom and create flares in camera/eyes. You can easily communicate to the viewer that an element is bright if you use these elements

Grounding
Cast light / Shadow to show that the effect is actually in the scene rather than simply composed on top of it.

These are just a few ideas, so don’t feel beholden to them.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Can you give me feedback about my ArtStation - Ahmed Osama

Mainly, you’d probably want to create some better thumbnails for the encircled ones.

Remember, the goal of a portfolio is to get people looking at your work, so you’ll want to show what it looks like as early as possible.

1 Like

ok Thank you and I will remake them

polishing magic orbs
Untitled video - Made with Clipchamp (2)