For this month’s sketch I’ll be mostly focusing on a single reference, that Nintendo vibe.
This is the main reference:
- Play with different shapes and meshes!
- Recreate texture based FX with meshes.
- Make it available for download.
And that should do it!
Blocked out some basic 3D shapes already. The idea is to “flipbook” through some of them.
Been experimenting with mesh “flipbooks” and general shapes in Unity. Might try to recreate it both in Unity and Unreal.
I’ll be focusing on lookdev today, and then I’ll begin to experiment with the effects themselves. Said effects will exist according to the challenge rules.
THE FINAL ENTRY
Here it is!
- Move by using WASD.
- Use Space to jump.
- Use Shift to run.
- Use the Left Mouse Button to shoot a projectile.
- Use the Right Mouse Button to zoom in and out.
- Use E to slow time down.
- Use Q to reposition the target.
- Every element is reactive!
Detail Lighting Pass
Lighting Only Pass
Quad Overdraw Pass
Shader Complexity Pass
Buffer Overview Pass