Come work for a team unlike any other for an art director who is really a VFX artist in disguise;)
Old salty devs who are sick of being pigeonholed and stifled OR talented JRs who want a chance to grow, come join Brass Lion Entertainment as our first VFX artist. Fully funded team full of world-class devs making the studio they always wished they could work for.
Here is the link and the details:
Brass Lion Entertainment is seeking a VFX Artist to join a talented and diverse team currently working on a new, unannounced Action-RPG title.
The right candidate for this position will work closely with the Art and Design team to implement VFX into all aspects of the game. You must possess an exceptional ability to communicate and demonstrate new ideas and share our passion for thinking differently about how games can look and feel. You will be instrumental in elevating the player’s experience through VFX.
Brass Lion Entertainment has employees based in New York City, Montréal, and remote locations across Canada and the United States.
- Define the look and feel of the VFX in the project (as the first VFX artist on the team)
- Build all VFX needs for the project (combat, gameplay, environmental, etc.)
- Ability to reliably communicate and produce content in a self-disciplined remote work environment
- 2 + years of experience in VFX for games.
- Strong experience working with real-time particle engines as well as geometric and shader FX as demonstrated by a strong portfolio
- Strong understanding of color, composition, timing, and motion
- Strong game design sense for refining VFX as player feedback
- Texture creation expertise by hand, from simulations, and procedurally
- Effective communication skills
- Flexibility with adoption of art styles and direction
- Ability to work in a cross-discipline team - including art, design, programming, and audio - to champion the best possible results
- Located and authorized for work in the US or Canada
- Strong interest in manga, comics, and anime, and the design elements of each medium
- Experience with Unreal Engine
- Experience with hand drawn or stylized VFX
- Houdini experience
- Experience with outsourcing VFX
- Experience implementing accessibility features
- 5+ years of VFX experience
- Competitive salary
- Among Industry leaders in PTO and work/life balance
- Flexible Work-From-Home options
- Comprehensive family health coverage