League VFX Fan-Arts in Unity

Thanks for the feedback!

For the black… I’ve been told… MANY times not to use pitch black, but my brain just loves it. I’ll definitely lighten the ball up. o/

Also agreed on the ult: I’ll most likely remove/reduce and fade out a few things (mostly the shockwaves) to make it more readable, as well as change up the “constellations” texture. :slight_smile:

Not sure about the longer trail on the Q, though, but it’s definitely worth trying! I was planning to make it larger anyway. Maybe also add a semi-capsule in front of the sphere when it’s moving, to simulate a comet entering the atmosphere?

Thanks again! :slight_smile:

Omg

I loved the impact / explosion at 0:36 <3

Woooow that Hextech Anivia ult looks very nice! It’s a little opaque for League’s game space, as it almost reads as a portal to me rather than something that will do damage, but I’m in love with the elements you have going on! The little cube you have in the center is probably my favorite part, and I’m sad to see it smaller because it’s SO COOOLL (But It’s a great that you made that decision because it would read as a pick-up otherwise!).

Overall, very nice work, dude!

Thanks a lot! And yes, the readability is my greatest concern it, and also why I didn’t go further down the road on that effect. It was more of an experiment than anything, really. :stuck_out_tongue:

Maybe some other day. :smiley:

Hi again!

After weeks of trying to find time to improve/finish it, I finally finished my little Orianna fan art:

As always, feedback is very welcome! :smiley:

6 Likes

Hello! :slight_smile:

Here’s my new piece, featuring Cosmic Reaver Viktor. Still a WIP (+/- 40h in). I would really love some feedback on it, so feel free to leave your impressions! :smiley:

10 Likes

I’m just starting to learn VFX, and after looking at all your video on Youtube I can say that your work is really inspiring !
Good luck at Gameloft Montréal, I work there for 5 years as a Level Designer :wink:

1 Like

Oh, thanks! Do I know you, by any chance? :stuck_out_tongue:

I think I left Gameloft for Ubisoft before you start.(July 2016)
I would have like to met you, you could have guided me and gave me tips to help me in my VFX learning quest :wink:
But you knows, maybe one day we can hangout on a terrace and take a beer since we are both in Montréal :beers:

1 Like

For sure! :slight_smile:

Or even better: a poutine!

On a side note, I’ve been working on a small personal project today. I went to the teather to watch “Your Name” yesterday and, as per usual, it broke me. SO, I decided to make a small Unity scene. It’s not League-related, but thought I’d share a WIP here if someone has feedback.

And the video: Facebook
Along with the Steam Workshop link (Wallpaper Engine): Steam Workshop::Your Name - Tiamat Comet (1080p 60fps)

(Recorded from Unity directly)

Scene view:

(pls nobody check my overdraw… >_>)

EDIT: Final version:

With the workshop item: Steam Workshop::Your Name - Tiamat Comet (1080p 60fps) (Cleaned up Version)

4 Likes

holy shit yes. so good.

1 Like

Finished my Cosmic Reaver Viktor thing. I have applied my Portal technique to his W (rendering a tunnel on another layer).

And as always, feedback is more than welcome. Especially if it involves readability. :slight_smile:

10 Likes

Perfect as usual. Loved the colors and distortion you used on his W.
How did you make that zigzag projectile?

Thanks! It’s just a simple trail with a zig-zag texture on it. :^]

1 Like

Hi Sirhaian,

I have a question about the parralax thingy you have in some of your effects. Can you explain shortly how it was done?

On 22s:

1 Like

Heyo! Sorry for the super late reply!

This would be a stencil use case! Basically, I have a mesh that renders over the terrain (a cylinder going downward and fading out) that only shows where another mesh is (a simple disc, here).

Please pardon my terrible sketch. :sweat_smile:

Think of this as a Layer Mask in Photoshop. The blue disc is the white, and all the rest of the world is black. :slight_smile:

This isn’t super artist-friendly (more code-based), but here are some more explanations on how this would work in Unity: Unity - Manual: ShaderLab command: Stencil

2 Likes