Kinda new to VFX. Seeking for feedback. Come and drop your opinion!

Hi stranger …
I’m glad that you opened my post. It means a lot to me!
Short intro.

• I’d like to make stylized effects like in LOL and HOTS
  • I started my FX journey not long ago.
  • Working with Unity engine
  • Immediatelly jumped to learn Shader Graph, because as I understood they’re combining 3D meshes, 2D flipbooks and particles.

Feel free to post your opinion, I’m really hungry to improve.
I really appreciate your time and attention!

This is my first explosion using mesh, flipbook and particles.

3 Likes

Hey, I just started on VFX like one week ago or so, so I don’t have anything technical to say, but I leave my feedback.

It looks cool, but it could have more identity, be a little more “bold”, you know? At the moment, even though there is some sort of energy going boom, it feels “light”, shy and it didn’t give me any strong vibes of Nature/Healing/Air, but it lacked in “boomness” anyway.
Also, there is a lot going on in the center, but nothing really catches my eye. I had to stop it many times so I could really notice the shapes. I feel like something needs to stand out and say “I’m the coolest thing going on here, I’m the climax, I’m supreme!” and the others have to support, make it pop or be the peripheral thing going on as a consequence of this main effect I mentioned.

I don’t know what kind of skill/attack you had in mind for this effect, but what if you make the anticipation a bit longer? Also, I think the dissipation is vanishing way too quick, both the ground marks and the particles. Plus, I would try to incorporate a more bold dissipation, make it more noticeable. I think the ground marks are too thin, I don’t know.

Well, this is my feedbacks full or “I think”, not really sure of anything hehe.

1 Like

Thank you so much for your feedback! I’ll definitely try out, and see how it looks.