Ice attack, ice trail, ice collision

hi, I would like some feedback on my ice projectile attack, this attack is meant to freeze the enemy in place for a few seconds.

Edit, I edited the materials of the ice to give it a more reflective look, I made the ice spikes bigger and dissolve, I also added a sphere to the collision. the dummy will come later.

https://youtu.be/dFPJuoEr_9Q

1 Like

replace the soundfx.

if you update the post with another video then shoot at a dummy enemy as well as a wall since the effect would need to look good on both.

I don’t like how the ground spikes retract I think they should dissolve.

the impact could use more oomph, maybe speed up the rate that it scales up. One thing you could do is add a small translucent sphere with a fresnel controlling opacity that is barely visible around the edges then scale it way up on impact. could play with the refraction of the sphere as well.

I like the colors on the impact crystals and the puff of smoke is nice.

here is my update on the ice projectile, ice trail, and ice collision, I edited the materials of the ice to give it a more reflective look, I made the ice spikes bigger and they dissolve, I also added a sphere to the collision. I forgot to change the sound

https://youtu.be/rcL8EFpPUgg

I don’t know how ‘aggressive’ this effect supposed to be, but currently the overall timing of its impact makes it look like it does not deal much damage and mainly uses for freezing effect. If the goal is to make a powerful ice missile, I would add a makes the explosion brighter and lasts shorter, with smokes less opaque so it would not takes away much attention from the overall effect.

The ice on target is nice! It looks beautiful. I personally would make something like a shattering effect once it expires, in addition of it dissolving.

The ground effect I think looks more like a water more than ice. I think the center should be white, then tapers into blue and (if possible) translucent. Icicles is too thin I think. Retracting them is fine in my opinion, but maybe it should retracts faster and persist a little bit longer?

Overall I think you are on a right direction! Keep up the good work!