Hello all! We’re looking for a VFX Lead to join our team at Monolith Productions.
This is a full-time position, the details and link to apply are below if interested!
Join the Wonder Woman team and help bring an iconic DC Superhero to life!
Monolith Productions, the award-winning AAA studio who brought you F.E.A.R. and Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor, seeks an FX Lead. The FX Lead will oversee the day-to-day operations of the FX Department while working closely with Directors, Art Leadership and other key stakeholders in the creation of high-quality real-time effects. This role is responsible for researching, recommending, and developing new technologies to push the quality bar of FX content forward. Candidate will have a deep understanding of current state of the art FX techniques, be proficient in creating effects, and have a good understanding of common issues surrounding the implementation of FX in game. The Lead will help build the FX team, give artistic feedback, work with production to coordinate schedules, and manage direct reports.
An FX Lead is a recognized expert in their field and holds a wealth of knowledge in dealing with the technical issues around content creation for video games. They have a proven track record of resolving complex and broad reaching challenges related to content construction, new technologies, and leading-edge visuals.
- The FX Lead will spearhead R&D efforts for tools, content, and new technologies in relationship to art and aesthetics.
- Partner with the Art Directors to develop the overall vision of the game. (Establish tone; define visual language)
- Give feedback and direction to FX artists on the team
- Review pipelines and content creation process to identify best practices.
- Find a balance between creative aspects and technical constraints.
- Participate in setting strategic vision for content and tools
- Partner with the producers to create long-term plans for the game.
- Manage day to day work of the internal FX team.
- 8+ years in the video game industry.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
- Strong understanding of game development process
- A strong understanding of modern 3d engines and the technology behind them, and how to optimize assets for them.
The Nice to Haves
- Strong understanding of Python / C# / scripting languages or similar systems required.
- Must be familiar with most modern 3D software packages (Houdini, Maya, 3D Studio Max, Motion Builder, zBrush etc.).
- Strong 2D drawing and digital painting skills.
- Diligence with individual and team tasks, schedule and adherence to budget limitations.
- Strong troubleshooting skills.