Company :Ape Squared - www.apesquared.com
Project : Above.Land
Above.Land is an AAA open world MMO ARPG. Set in a magical world above the clouds, humans and mythological creatures attempt to find a way to co-exist. A place where technology and fantasy blend together, new world meets the old and epic adventures await around every corner. Players must find a way to free and liberate creatures that have been corrupted by a powerful evil, and return them to their majestic forms that they once were. Players must master techniques, upgrade their gear and craft their battle plans in order to save their world. Are you up for the challenge?
We are currently looking for Intermediate/Senior Effects Artists to join our exciting and diverse team!
If you are seeking to be a part of an exciting project and team-based environment, we’d love to hear from you. Please apply on our website directly : BambooHR
- Demonstrate a broad range of FX abilities in a collaborative environment to conceptualize and create the overall look, attitude and style of the FX
- Interpret verbal direction and visual reference to understand the story context and aesthetic objectives of visual effects
- R&D and implement FX: particles, rigid body, fluids, large and small scale destruction, smoke, dust, lightning, fire, storms, explosions, etc.
- Participate in the review process and quality control and apply changes as requested by the Supervisor/ Production team
- Support integration of effects in to other department’s workflows and collaborate with them to ensure deliverables meet requirements
- Meet project deadlines and milestones, as set by the Production department and the Supervisor
- Provide suggestions and recommendations on technique and elements in the context of the scene
- Actively promote and communicate sound solutions to technical and creative issues
- Maintain and communicate a strong knowledge of FX technologies
- Participate in the development of department procedures: workflows, toolsets, best practices
- Maintain positive, supportive and collaborative team dynamics
- Industry experience with effects simulations in features, television, games or equivalent
- Some game experience is required
- Experienced in Unity or Unreal
- Experience with Maya, Bifrost, Blender, Houdini is an asset
- Experience in compositing is a plus (Fusion, Nuke, After Effects)
- Experience with Stylized or non-realistic Effects is a plus
- Able to multitask and manage time efficiently
- Able to take direction, collaborate, and be a team player
- Able to troubleshoot, solve problems and find workarounds as appropriate
- Strong communication skills
- Strong composition and artistic timing
- Experience with Shotgun Software is a plus
Ape Squared is committed to providing an inclusive work environment that celebrates the diversity of its employees. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, gender identity, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodation upon request for candidates taking part in the recruitment process.