Schell Games is a highly talented group of artists, programmers, producers, and game designers led by game industry veteran Jesse Schell. We’re the largest full-service education and entertainment game development company in the United States.
Our artists honor the unique aesthetic vision of each project and work to make all aspects of the experience beautiful. The team is comprised of 2D/conceptual artists, 3D modelers, technical and effects artists, and animators. We are seeking a talented VFX Game Artist to work on projects ranging from VR worlds and handheld games to virtual reality experiences and themed interactive attractions.
- 3+ Years of experience creating VFX for game platforms or interactive experiences
- Portfolio of work must be available for review, displaying the use of particle systems, shaders, and mesh effects
- Understanding of optimization limitations and methodology
- Display excellent communication skills, both verbal and visual
- Understanding of various methodologies for VFX creation
- Experience in Unreal and/or Unity engine for the creation of VFX
- Understanding of VFX/PostFX integration and performance impacts
Our studio is committed to providing an equitable and inclusive work environment that ensures that all applicants and team members are treated with dignity and respect. We will not tolerate any type of discrimination or harassment directed at any applicant or employee because of their gender, race, religion, age, disability, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, veteran, family or parental status or any other protected group characteristic. This equal opportunity and nondiscrimination policy applies to all aspects of employment including recruitment, hiring, promotions, discipline, terminations, wage and salary administration, benefits, and training.
Prohibiting discrimination and harassment is only one part of the equation. “Diversity makes us strong” is more than just something we say. We value diversity in all forms because it is essential to our success, and we want every member of our team to feel their best creative self. Our development environment and social culture are based on welcoming, respecting, and celebrating differences among our team members and our players. We rely on each person to add their own unique skills and perspective to our culture. Every member of our team is responsible for making the studio as inclusive and equitable as possible.