Join the adventure
We are currently looking for a talented VFX Artist, passionate about playing and making video games, to join us at Room-C Games to work on The Hand of Merlin as well as an unannounced project.
As a key member of the art team, you will be responsible for creating, polishing and optimizing a wide range of stylized visual effects for characters, environments and UI. You will leverage your understanding of in-engine particle systems, shaders and post processing effects, as well as your knowledge of external modeling and animation software, to create VFX which is both eye-catching and resource-light.
As a VFX Artist you will
- Work with the game designers to bring to life both the mundane skills and alchemy of the mortals, and the arcane technology of Merlin… as well as the horrible powers of the abominations from beyond the stars.
- Have a defining impact on the target visuals of the unannounced project in its pre-production stage.
- Work closely with others on the team, to help develop readable visuals which communicate gameplay well.
- Create stylized textures, geometry, animations and shaders for real-time VFX.
- Handle technical setup of VFX in Serious Engine 4.0 and Unreal Engine 4.
- Profile, optimize and troubleshoot VFX for target platforms / hardware.
- Ensure timely completion of VFX assets.
- Expand your knowledge, and share it.
- Actively engage in team discussions.
- 2+ years of experience creating real-time VFX for video games using any modern game engine.
- Experience with stylized, hand-painted textures and visual effects.
- Excellent knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, and of 3D animation software such as Houdini or Blender.
- A working knowledge of hard surface modeling, rigging and weight painting.
- A practical understanding of skeletal and morph target animation.
- Great problem solving skills.
- A passion for creating and playing games.
- Self-driven and capable of working with little supervision.
- Great team communication skills.
- Fluency in English (both written and spoken).
- Any experience with Serious Engine, including modding.
- A working knowledge of Unreal Engine 4.
- Experience with Adobe After Effects.
- You have shipped a game in any art role.
- Finished personal/indie game projects.
- A degree in computer animation, visual effects or a related field.
- Experience with agile methodology.
What’s in it for you?
At Room-C Games we strive to maintain a good work-life balance even during high-intensity periods. In addition to a competitive compensation package you will be empowered to do your best work in a way that fits you. You will work on a challenging and rewarding project, on cutting-edge technology, and truly leave a meaningful impact.
How to apply?
To apply, please follow this link.
If you have any questions, feel free to reach out at: firstname.lastname@example.org.