Faybao's Sketchbook

I want to start a sketchbook :star_struck:

I recently got into procreate because people around me have been using it for years. I’ve been holding off because I thought I’d be just fine working at my computer – I was so wrong! I love drawing on the tablet :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

I’ve always been interested in 2D vfx so I want to start off with this WIP
Sharp

Update:
Sharp

I’ve learned that I need to stop filling in my shapes even though it’s super tempting during the process :sweat_smile:

25 Likes

these look soo cool! ilove the different colors and shapes when it goes boom. <3

1 Like

very snappy :slight_smile: love the shape language!

1 Like

looks nice. I would add a bit of distortion in there. it might be too much. but I think it helps since you are going for extreme :slight_smile:

ohhh? That’d be nuts to get some distortion integrated in the animation, but somethign I could try in the future haha

1 Like

I was trying to get this looping flame done this weekend but it took me forever to get a few frames down. The “looping” of organic shapes is wayyyy harder than I thought it would be. I’ll need to keep chipping away at this :face_with_monocle:

I’m trying to work in smaller number of frames so I could practice using these in games

Untitled_Artwork

1 Like

shapes are recognizable so it is not helping the animation to loop smoothly. the eye can notify the loop. it might help if you change the upper shape so they don’t end in one point